Monday, April 18, 2011

A Redneck Love Poem

Well, as usual, the author of this little poem is unknown... I wish I had written it, but it wasn't me this time...



Susie Lee done fell in love.
She planned to marry Joe.
She was so happy 'bout it all
she told her Pappy so.








Pappy told her," Susie gal,

you'll have to find another.
I'd just as soon yo' Ma don't know,
but K'Joe is yo' half-brother."






So Susie put aside her Joe
amd planned to marry Will.
But after tellin' Pappy this,
 he said, "There's trouble still.







You can't marry Will, my gal,
and please don't tell yo' mother.
But Will and Joe and several mo'
I know is yo' half-brother."







Redneck Doorbell

But Mama knew, and said," My child,
just do what makes ya' happy.
Marry Will or marry Joe;
you ain't no kin to Pappy."








Kinda' brangs a tear to yer eye,  don't it?

Shalom  Y'all - Twyla

1 comment: