Sunday, August 22, 2010

Old Barns and What You Find in Them

     Moshe and I love old barns.  We take pictures of them all the time.  One day we drove around for the sole purpose of photographing  barns in various states of disrepair.  There are many, many such barns up here in the North Georgia mountains.  I find them very beautiful, and, like everything else in my life, I have a tendency to name them.  This one is "Cinderella's Castle".
    
      Old buildings have such stories to tell . Surely they have seen good times and bad.  Surely they have known good people and bad.  Ahhh, if only they could speak...


        


     What all would this picture say?  What IS all this stuff? Why was it delegated to the barn?  Why wasn't it thrown away? Did someone think they would use it again someday?    Save it for parts?   Did it belong to "Grandma" or "Aunt Sally" and, somehow, it would be sacriligious to throw it away? Or, was the barn owner just lazy, and put the items in the barn, like Scarlett O'Hara, "I'll think about that tomorrow"?
(My vote goes for the latter... human nature being what it is.)

     I love old barns.  Part of me wishes we had one on our property.  But, like I said,  human nature being what it is, our barn would quickly be full of stuff.  And, someday, someone would see its contents and wonder, "What WERE they thinking???"
                                     Shalom y'all,     Twyla
    

No comments:

Post a Comment