Friday, February 25, 2011

Febru-ugly Is Almost Over

Febru-ugly. That's what my Hubby calls this month. And, I must say, today is a fairly ugly day.  It rained last night; we need the rain, but I am tired of the gray skies, the gray trees, the gray state of my spirit. Will there ever be another day at the beach, feeding the fish, floating on my raft, soaking up that Vitamin D?
chimney still standing after homestead burned many years ago
I didn't get much sleep again last night. I could blog  about that subject alone and have something to say 'most every day... But, who would want to read a blog about chronic pain, financial worries, and sleeplessness?  No, I will keep that to myself. Suffice to say, lack of sleep does not make a happy combination with gray skies.
Most of life is mundane for most people. Whatever  joy one finds, one must find alone with God - nobody else can provide this for you with some sort of magic pixie dust - it just ain't gonna' happen!
I am so-o-o-o ready for Spring. For a flower or two to poke through the earth and open into bloom. For the trees to have lime green leaves and various blossoms of pink and white and purple.
But, for now, I will plod on through my chores... And, as always, the sun will peek through eventually.

a dusting of snow on the nearby mountains...





SHALOM   Y'ALL -


     TWYLA

No comments:

Post a Comment