Monday, October 11, 2010

The Party Dog

Moxie, the party dog, wore her hat for a couple hours.  Good dog.

          Yesterday we drove down the mountain - again.  This time it was for a birthday party.  Lots of relatives.  Tons of food;  ridiculous amounts, in fact, not that I am complaining...  Wow.  What a table, loaded with every person's specialty.  I  didn't even taste everything.  But, what I had was delicious. The party was at lunchtime, and we ate so much that when we got back home, we didn't bother with supper. It was so good to see relatives I hadn't seen in two or three years! 
          I drove the trip home, and Moshe and Moxie both dozed while I drove us back up the mountain.  We arrived home before dark, which is always preferable for me. After doing the few necessary evening chores, we simply collapsed into bed ,  and watched an old Disney movie.  We got more entertainment than we 'd bargained for... Towards the end of the birthday lunch, I realized that the young kids were sneaking all kinds of food to Moxie under the table.  Although Moxie eats "people food" with almost every meal, we eat natural, organic, good, REAL food.; she doesn't ordinarily get any sort of processed food, fried stuff, sweets, etc.  Oh, boy,  she had gas !  Sheesh!  I'm glad her little bed is on the floor next to Moshe's side/not mine!!!  Poor dog.  She was still "having emission control problems" this morning. (Somebody call the EPA... please!)

"I'd like one more spring roll, please... Oh, and another piece of cake."
                                           Shalom Y'all - Twyla
  

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I busted out laughing at this post.

    I kept turning to Twyla last night, saying, "Can you SMELL that????!!!

    It was awful.

    ReplyDelete