Monday, October 4, 2010

Update on Pretty Face

               Pretty Face is still faithfully setting on her three eggs.  (Now I wish we'd put more than three under her... Oh, well... maybe next time.)  She is quite the broody hen, seldom leaving her eggs at all.  Occasionally we will see her out in her "courtyard", taking a drink of water or a bit of food.  Then, it's right back to her eggs.  She reminds me of the old Dr Suess book, "Horton Hatches a Who".

               When I lift the top of her little broody house, she coos like a dove. She is such a sweet little mommy. I really hope her eggs hatch so that we have the privilege of seeing her with the baby chicks. 


Grama Harper's Chicken Yard
                               
My mother grew up on a farm, and she says watching a hen with her chicks is a sweet experience.  Approximate date for hatching: Oct 9th - less than a week away!  I am looking forward to posting pics of Mommy & Babies!

Shalom Y'all - Twyla

No comments:

Post a Comment