Friday, October 22, 2010

Putting Everything in Perspective

     Ugh.  I have a cold.  A head cold and just the beginnings of a sore throat.  Taking Fenu-Thyme for the congestion and plain ol' Aspirin for the headache.  Despite feeling "yucky", I managed to get the house cleaned (see yesterday's blog), and even help with the screened-in porch project - we are turning it into a greenhouse for the Winter.
     I guess I could feel sorry for myself for having a cold, but, no.  Putting things in perspective, a cold isn't much to worry about.  You feel a little low for a few days.  If you're lucky, you lie low for those few days.
Take it easy.  Watch a few movies.  Read.  Play games on the computer.  And then, you're feeling better and even more thankful for good health than before.  Funny how we take things for granted until they are gone or at least threatened...
     Putting everything in perspective,  I would say that life is pretty darned good.  I have a very appreciative Hubby, a happy cat, a really happy dog.  The chicks spent most of the day out in the sun  (in their cage, on the porch).  The Winter crops are growing extremely well. The house is clean.  And I have a full box of Kleenex!
            Shalom Y'all - Twyla

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your cold... but the hubby, the dog and cat sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete