Monday, January 24, 2011

Brrrr-eavement

my watercolor, "One Wintry Night", 2008
    
       It is cold.  It is STILL cold, I mean.  What I mean to say it, it's cold!!!  Usually I totally enjoy all the seasons, but this year I am already tired of the cold.  We keep our thermostat set at 60 degrees (or should I say 60 de-grieves?), and try to make up the difference with the wood stove.  It is a full time job keeping wood cut, gathered, stacked, and burning.  And still I am cold.  And, it's only January... we still have February (my Hubby calls it "Febr-ugly")  and March to go...  I am tired of being cold.  I am tired of using the heating pad to warm my frozen feet, only to succumb to frozen fingers.
  



      It has frozen my creativity as well.  Who can do watercolors when their fingers are numb? This is a numbing coldness that spreads from the fingers to the soul.  And, who can do watercolors when their soul feels numb?  There is a place in my self that is cold as ice.  Please, Lord, defrost me!  Place Your hand on my hand and in my heart and take away the iciness.  I want to feel warm again.
  


      As a dear friend quoted to me last night:  "This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep... Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength."  (Nehemiah 8: 9,10)
     Hmmm... Maybe, on this cold snowy day, I can keep this in mind, get out some paper, some paints, and be creative...  I can feel the warmth coming back.  Praise God.



SHALOM  Y'ALL  -  TWYLA

1 comment:

  1. Meeee toooo! Even down here in the lower elevations , it's cold and been cold and just seems to keep being cold ! I seem to mind the cold more now than ever . I just hate dealing with it! And when that snow hit ?! I pretty much hibernated indoors. I got my first seeds in the mail Friday , so now I am happily dreaming of warm weather and green , growing things ! :-) Blessings ! Lora

    ReplyDelete