Monday, January 17, 2011

Shades of a Summer Picnic on a Winter's Day

one of the nearby creeks this morning
  

      Wow. It had been nine days since anyone from our household ventured into town.  There is still snow here - especially on the secondary roads where we live.  But the Jeep made the trip just fine.  Actually, I probably wouldn't have made the trip today, but I had to have routine blood work done... So, I waited until 10 AM, hoping for some thawing,  and went to the hospital  lab, then on to the grocery store. It was kind of exciting going into town, seeing other people - including a dear neighbor of ours - finding town quiet but intact.
  
a friend's house, about a mile from ours...


      It was great going to the store and buying the few things we needed and a couple things we merely wanted... I bought cabbage and carrots - plan on making cole slaw this afternoon to go with the chicken I plan on broasting in the dutch oven.  Yummy - shades of a summer picnic on a winter's day.  I also got Moshe some cream so that he can make ice cream.  (I don't usually eat ice cream, but, if he made chocolate  ice cream, I would really, really, really like to taste it!)   Hmmm... maybe I should make some potato salad.  Wouldn't it be FUN to have a picnic?


                   
 ...But NOT on this table!!!

Shalom Y'all - Twyla  


 













No comments:

Post a Comment