Thursday, March 31, 2011

April is Spring Cleaning Month - Yippee!

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown




Did you know that April is officially spring cleaning month?  I wonder who decided this?  And, why?  Well, anyhow, I guess we got a jump on it 'cause we've been spring cleaning for two or three days now.  (And, yes, it's been rainy... no chance of working outside.)  So, now that it's started, we pretty much have to finish it. We've been emptying  and reorganizing closets, the spaces under the beds, cabinets, the laundry room... you get the picture.  It's kind of fun, what with finding treasures long since forgotten or thought to be gone forever... And I really like for things to be clean and organized... So, despite my sore feet,  I'm glad we're spring cleaning.
Apparently a lot of people don't like to clean, as noted in the collection of sayings below:  I found it interesting how many sayings there were about cleaning - and the general dislike of doing it.  This is a small sampling of what I found.  Enjoy!



My second favorite household chore is ironing.  My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.  ~Erma Bombeck

Nature abhors a vacuum.  And so do I.  ~Anne Gibbons

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.  ~Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966




Housework is something you do that nobody notices until you don't do it.  ~Author Unknown

Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy.  ~Author Unknown

The Rose Bowl is the only bowl I've ever seen that I didn't have to clean.  ~Erma Bombeck




The trouble with living alone is that it's always your turn to do the dishes.  ~Author Unknown

My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.  ~Author Unknown

The obvious and fair solution to the housework problem is to let men do the housework for, say, the next six thousand years, to even things up.  The trouble is that men, over the years, have developed an inflated notion of the importance of everything they do, so that before long they would turn housework into just as much of a charade as business is now.  They would hire secretaries and buy computers and fly off to housework conferences in Bermuda, but they'd never clean anything.  ~Dave Barry



My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be.  No one else cares.  Why should you?  ~Erma Bombeck

You don't get anything clean without getting something else dirty.  ~Cecil Baxter

We labor to make a house a home, then every time we're expecting visitors, we rush to turn it back into a house.  ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com




I like hugs and I like kisses,
But what I really love is help with the dishes!
~Author Unknown

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

If the shelves are dusty and the pots don't shine,
it's because I have better things to do with my time.
~Author Unknown


SHALOM  Y'ALL - Twyla





No comments:

Post a Comment