Friday, March 4, 2011

Ode to Lil Bit



My lil' bit, my baby goat,

How soft and shiny is your coat.

Gone is the click of your hooves on my linoleum floor,
And the loud cry of "Ma-ah-ah-mie" when I walked in the door.

The covers are cold where your warm body once laid,
And now only a shadow where at my feet you once played.

Fed by my hand, I watched you grow tall,
"Going forth and skipping like calves from the stall."





To Moxie and Casspurr, you were their baby to preen,
 Such a sight in your diaper to keep my house clean!.

I loved you, I held you, you were my "baby-boo",
But I know someday you'll be the STAR of the petting Zoo!

 My dear friend, Teresa Harding, wrote the above poem for me yesterday... emailed it to me today.  Just last weekend my parents made the two-hour drive up to the mountains to meet Lil Bit.  One must ask oneself ," How could a little baby goat make such an impact on so many people?"  Read on...


You see, as I have been caring for Lil Bit, I've been thinking about the Passover Lamb.  God - through Moses - instructed His people to take a lamb into their home and care for it for four days... This was so that a bond would be created between the family and the lamb.  Then, they had to sacrifice the lamb and put its blood on the sides and top of their doorway.  This would prevent the angel of death from stopping at their home, and it is a foreshadowing of blood atonement, sacrifices in the temple,  and, the ultimate Sacrifice and atonement of sin - Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
I am sure that each family's love for their little lamb made sacrificing it very difficult.  But, God was showing His people what He was going to do and how great the sacrifice would be when His Son became the Ultimate Passover Lamb.




"... God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16




SHALOM  Y'ALL - 
  
     TWYLA

No comments:

Post a Comment