Saturday, December 4, 2010

Let it Snow... or not!

Farm scene as remembered from my childhood
     Oh, the weather outside is frightful..... but the fire is so delightful... Yep, it is.  A cold drizzly rain up here in the mountains.  The sort that makes your bones ache.  Nevertheless, we are going "down the mountain" this afternoon.  Leaving home around noon so as to arrive at our friends' house at two-ish.  It's probably going to turn to snow some time tomorrow... at least that's what "they" say... Suits me.  We should be home long before then, Lord willing.  Meanwhile, keeping the wood stove  going is a fulltime job. Ahhh, but well worth it!

One Wintry Night
       We haven't yet had a pretty snow this year.  I do love looking at everything with that beautiful blanket of clean snow on it.  Have you ever noticed that snow really isn't white?  When I began seriously painting,  I experimented with painting a zebra - with no black and no white.  It came out pretty cool.  So, having done that experiment,  I painted snow scenes that way.  Hope you will enjoy.  Will try to post some of my larger snow scenes some time soon.
          Shalom Y'all - Twyla

No comments:

Post a Comment