Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Random Thoughts from Green Acres

Moxie, smiling
         Just fixed breakfast burritos for hubby and me; not as spicy as sometimes, but good nevertheless.  Moxie got the last bite of mine, as usual.  She doesn't beg; she's SUCH a good dog!  But she manages to situate herself within my vision field and look at me, silent, but speaking with her eyes. And smiling.  (Smart dog, too.)
     I've noticed that I write a lot about food.  As chief cook and bottle-washer, I suppose that makes sense.  I really like to cook. ( In fact, I really like keeping house.  Does anybody else LIKE keeping house these days?)  I make just about everything "from scratch".  I suppose we must seem odd to the cashiers at the grocery store;  we only buy real food, nothing that is prepackaged, no mixes, no frozen dinners, nothing with preservatives, certainly nothing with MSG!   We buy all the stuff you find on the outer edges of the store... produce, meat, dairy.And a few canned items.  What an interesting concept, huh?  I really enjoy preparing healthy food for our healthy appetites.  Moxie's food is custom-gourmet dogfood... and, even the chickens eat minced fruit and vegetable peels!   Poor ol' CassPurr still prefers dry kibble. He occasionally condescends to eating a chunk of roast beef or turkey... what a funny boy.  Anyhow, I put in a lot of time in the kitchen,  preparing food for people and animals, then cleaning up the aftermath. (There's a lot of aftermath at our house!)  It is very ironic that just when you wish you were heating up the kitchen canning stuff, there's nothing to can.


      It's cold in these here hills.  The high temp was supposed to be 25, but it got up to 32.  Not nearly as much wind today as yesterday.  Some of the roads out here in the country are still pretty icy, but most of the snow has disappeared.  There's some talk of an ice storm heading our way in the next day or so... We'll see.
     No sense in worrying about it.  Moshe cracked me up yesterday; CassPurr kept peeking out the back door as if he wanted to go out in the snow; he never went out, but seemed intrigued by it.  Finally, Moshe said, "Cassie,  I don't want you going out there... In all that snow, the only thing we'd see would be your eyes if you're facing us or your butt hole if you're walking away."  Cassie seemed insulted and stayed on the living room sofa until supper time.
     I started my second blog today - My 316 Notes - it's my findings and observations about certain scriptures.  I hope y'all will check it out.  Much like me, it will be a work in progress...
     Shalom Y'all - Twyla
    

    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment