Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Rough NIght

     Moshe is fairly certain that one or more of his ribs got broken in the fall off the back porch yesterday.  We had a pretty rough night.  He's in a lot of pain, and I feel helpless to do much to help him.  By my estimate, he got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night, and I fared better with around 4 1/2...  Maybe we will take naps later in the day?   He's doing pretty well right now sitting at his desk.  I propped pillows behind him with the heating pad against the sorest place;  this has kept him relatively comfortable the past few hours...  Regular provision of hot tea and a nice plate of warm cornbread couldn't have hurt, either.
     The chickens are fed and watered, the pets are fed, the people are fed.  "They" say it's going to rain again today, so I went out early and got a bunch of wood brought in;  the fire is going nicely.  So, we are okay... as "okay" as can be when one of us is hurting...
     But, never the type to give in to despair, Moshe handed me this note, "to be delivered to all the chickens."
   

1 comment:

  1. I did that as a joke for Twyla. It made me hurt to laugh when I gave it to her, and it made me hurt to laugh when I saw it this morning.

    ReplyDelete