Friday, September 24, 2010

Equal Time for Moxie

     Yesterday I blogged about CassPurr.  Not to be outdone, Moxie turned on the charm and deserves a note in her honor.
     When Moxie first arrived here almost two weeks ago, she was nervous and highstrung.  Of course, she didn't know what was going on.  She didn't know why her previous owners took her on a two-hour drive, stayed a couple days, then  left her here.  She didn't know whether she would be staying with us ten hours or ten minutes. Her anxiety showed.  She cried all night the first night, and would wet the floor at the slightest provocation.  It was her second day here when Moshe decided to let her ride in the truck with him to town.  She hesitantly agreed to get in the truck and cowered in the floorboard the whole trip.  She looked at him as if to say, "I like you okay, but I'm not sure about this riding stuff."  She has since ridden to town  a couple times with Moshe,  got more confident with each trip, but still wasn't crazy about "the vehicle thing".
     So, yesterday, Miss Moxie really surprised me.  I had gone grocery shopping.  I came home, and stopped in the driveway to get the mail. Moxie came running out to meet me.  Moshe hollered to her that it was "just Mommy", and not to bark.  He didn't see what she did, nor did I.  But, when I tried to get back in the Jeep, there was Moxie, sitting in the driver's seat and just a' grinnin'. She had made the big time!  I patted the passenger side and she graciously moved over.  We drove up the driveway, and that was one happy dog!
   And, so it is with people.  Sometimes - perhaps often - when we think an event isn't so great, it turns out to be the day of our life!
                                                                     Shalom Y'all,     Twyla
  

No comments:

Post a Comment