Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rapunzel Nightshade

   This is one of our last bell peppers for the season. Wow, have we been blessed with a prolific garden.  Every item we planted has provided us with far more than we dreamt.  God is like that - giving us more than we can imagine, if only we allow Him to...  (Take the seed, plant it in good soil, water it with The Word, keep it away from rocky areas, weeds, and varmints....)
     Moshe and I will miss the fresh vegetables. But, once cool weather sets in,  we'll crave soups and stews and hot casseroles.  Then  we will be reminded of our wonderful harvest and rewarded for the many hours of canning, freezing, and drying fruits and vegetables.  We are looking forward to homemade spaghetti sauce, using our own marinara sauce, canned tomatoes, frozen zuchinni, dried onions and garlic - even our own dried hot pepper, basil, and oregano.
     We are blessed, blessed, blessed!
     As you can see from this picture  this little bell pepper didn't form exactly right. Somehow it "folded itself upon itself". It also was much smaller than all the other peppers.  If I were a little runt of a deformed pepper,  someone might not want me, might discard me as useless, imperfect,  not good enough.  I might feel really bad about myself...  But, wait...
   
                                                                          Flip me over...
                                                                     
   

Add a couple of cloves for eyes...

And some shredded carrot for hair... and, I become Rapunzel Nightshade - the happiest bell pepper in town. 
I know... sometimes I'm just goofy... Bet it made you smile, though!

Shalom y'all,     Twyla

No comments:

Post a Comment