Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall is Approaching

My watercolor, entitled "Mountain View"
          Yes, we are still doing our Fall Cleaning.  Almost done.  It feels so good.  Everything looks so nice;  I always find changing the decor invigorating,  Moshe said, "It's as if we have a new house, without moving!"  It really IS, too;  because we have changed all the rooms except the bathrooms. (I'd change them, too, if I had the time!)  We plan to do the last little touches tomorrow...  looking forward to re-establishing a routine of some sort...
     This month has been exceptionally warm for this area.  A couple days ago I was talking with a lady who has lived here for many years. She said she can't remember a Summer this hot, and certainly not a September this warm.  But, Fall is approaching.  Every day we see a few more red, yellow, and  brown leaves among the green of the trees.  Quite a few leaves are falling in the roads, too.  I like all the seasons, but Autumn is my favorite.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's because of the beautiful colors of the trees.  Maybe it's memories of bonfires and hayrides and roasting marshmallows and picking apples off the trees. Maybe it's just time for a change in temperature and a change of pace.  Spring and Summer are hectic for the farmer;  Fall and Winter provide us with more time for reading, playing board games,  and hobbies.  I'm ready... How 'bout you?
                                                                 Shalom Y'all,     Twyla

No comments:

Post a Comment