Saturday, November 27, 2010

cold and cold

Brrr...
    WOW. Thanksgiving Day the high temperature was (a very abnormal) 75 degrees; last night the low was 32.  It has turned cold.  Much later than last year, but, nevertheless, it has turned cold.  Not as cold as "they" predicted (prediction per weather.com was 24), but, cold.  I got up twice during the night - both times just in time to revive the woodstove.  Both times there was one little burning ember from which to catch fire to paper and twigs, then kindling, then logs.  This morning I moved the chairs in "the Cozy" closer to the stove; yep, it's now officially cold!

Meanwhile, I HAVE a cold.  Ugh; the kind with the sore throat and dry cough.  The kind where you have the energy and vision of a new-born kitten. Moshe is being very kind; made me coffee, brought me the heating pad for my feet while I'm sitting at the computer, is currently making breakfast and some soothing herbal tea...
     Despite working in the medical field for nearly three decades, I find myself wishing there was some magic pill to make me feel better... Well, I guess there is... it's called time.  This too shall pass.  So, I'll put on another layer of clothes, surround myself with Kleenex and the Vicks bottle. Keep the heating pad nearby.  Relax with a movie, read, or nap.  Maybe a dog  will cuddle up with me?  Time will pass and the cold will be gone.  Thank you, Lord. Amen.
             Shalom y'all - Twyla

No comments:

Post a Comment